http://devrylaw.ca/ At Devry Smith Frank LLP’s Human Resource Seminar, Toronto employment lawyer Michael Farace covers important topics in relation to dealing with workplace accidents.
In Ontario, the Health and Safety act provides for constructors under section 51. When a person is killed or critically injured at a workplace, the constructor and the employer shall notify an inspector and the committee. The act also recognizes that the scene should not be disturbed before the inspector arrives.
– The inspector is warranted the power to enter a workplace at any time.
– They can require the workplace can not be disturbed at any time.
– They can require any documents with any purpose of inspecting.
– They can request interview and speak to anyone around during the time of the incident.
– Farace covers all of these important topics and more regarding workplace accidents.
Our law offices are easily located in the Lawrence and Don Mills location of Toronto and we have plenty of free parking.
Devry Smith Frank LLP
95 Barber Greene Road #100
Toronto, ON M3C 3E9
To view other Ontario law videos regarding employment law and other practice areas, please visit our media page at http://www.devrylaw.ca/media-page/.
For further information or assistance in regards to workplace accidents or other issues related to employment law, please contact one of our Toronto employment lawyers or Michael Farace at 416-446-5094 or http://www.devrylaw.ca/meet-our-team/.
Comments are closed